TheBrain 9 Windows Update Troubleshooting
To manually update TheBrain 9 on Windows, uninstall the current version of TheBrain 9, then install the new version manually.
1. Uninstall the Old Version of TheBrain 9
- Windows 7: Click Start > Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features, then select TheBrain 9 and click Uninstall
- Windows 8: From the start screen, type "TheBrain 9", then right click on the tile and click Uninstall
- Windows 10: Click Start > Settings > System > Apps & Features, then select TheBrain 9 and click Uninstall
If you get a message while uninstalling that says "The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable."
This means that the file required by the uninstaller has been deleted. The file you are missing is shown in the next paragraph and is named TheBrainSetup9.X.XX.X.msi where 9.X.XX.X is the version you last installed. Download the missing file below, then click the "Browse..." button and select the downloaded file. The uninstall will finish and you can then install the latest version.
2. Install the New Version of TheBrain 9
- Go to TheBrain 9 Download page, download the installer, disable any anti-virus software, then run the installer.