Retiring WebBrain and TheBrain 8
TheBrain 8 is no longer supported and WebBrain.com will be permanently shut down on September 15, 2023.
TheBrain 9 was introduced to the public on December 18, 2015. This new, revolutionary software required more advanced server technology for syncing and thus App.TheBrain.com was launched as well.
Technology evolves. It’s now time to say goodbye to v8 and WebBrain.com. If you’re still running TheBrain 8 (or an earlier version) and syncing to WebBrain.com, now is the time to upgrade to TheBrain 13. WebBrain will be permanently shut down on September 15, 2023. Please review the following steps for your data migration. As always, if you have any questions along the way, feel free to contact us at Support@TheBrain.com.
If you are not running a version of TheBrain earlier than v9 and have no earlier brains synced to WebBrain - this scenario does not affect you and no further action is required.
To complete the data migration, first, verify you are running TheBrain 220.127.116.11. Brain databases must first run in v18.104.22.168 in order for them to be compatible in a v13 import. If you are not running this version, contact Support@TheBrain.com to receive a download link.
- Launch TheBrain 22.214.171.124 and open the desired brain you wish to migrate
- Click on File > Create BrainZip
- Download and install TheBrain 13 from www.thebrain.com/download.
- Launch v13 and click on File > Import > TheBrain 8 Brain (.brainzip)
- Log into your account at https://webbrain.com/login.
- You'll see a drop down arrow next to each brain you have synced. Click this arrow and download a .brainzip for each brain you wish to migrate to v13
- Locate the downloaded .brainzip files and double click. This will launch v126.96.36.199.
- Continue with the steps outlined in Option 1.
Once completed and migrated to v13, you'll be running the latest greatest technology from TheBrain and able to sync to App.TheBrain.com which is faster, more reliable and includes features and improvements beyond anything that ever existed in WebBrain. Welcome to the future!
More posts by: Matt Caton